Re: I never said Jr didnt care or forgot how to drive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TEC Message Board ]

Posted by SundayMoney on September 26, 2013 at 12:50:02:

In Reply to: I never said Jr didnt care or forgot how to drive posted by 3and8fan4ever on September 26, 2013 at 12:24:46:

Kenseth didn't do anything until he left Roush...suddenly he's better than Kyle Busch. I don't think you would have found many people thinking he's better than Kyle Busch before this year. But he's showing it now. It's all about the team and situation. That's the point.

So Jeff Gordon one of the greatest drivers of all time just doesn't have it anymore? Face the facts he hasn't done a damn thing since 2001 in regards to a Championship - also not many wins. One of the reasons they made the switch was the fact he wasn't winning races with Letarte. They had one good year and that was it. He's really not done well with the COT. He's missed Chases and he was lucky they let him in this year.

The point I'm trying to make is NONE of those guys forgot how to drive, none of them lost their will to be the best. It has to do with the team - which includes the driver has to have zero mistakes. In addition they must gain an advantage in technology over their competitors and even teammates in order to win.

Dale Jarrett didn't win a title until he was pretty old for a racecar driver. Everyone thought he was content, couldn't get it done etc.

I'm just not willing to write Junior off. He's better than just a good driver. But as I said it takes the whole team. It's more team than ever due to the rules...no mistakes.

There is no way you can tell me that Johnson is lightyears better than Gordon, and they have the exact same equipment and overall team performance. Do they have the same owner? yeah, but his team isn't near as good top to bottom as the 48. The 48 is what the 24 team used to be in the 90's.

Look at Hamlin, last year he almost won the whole thing. This year they don't look like they know what they are doing a lot of weeks. They've been horrendous...

But at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. The sport is a joke and painful to watch anymore. Like I said I'm thankful it's football season.

Have a good one.

Follow Ups:

Name
Password
Subject
Icons
Index
Link URL
Link Title
Image URL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TEC Message Board ]